VPN, if enabled on the Orbi router provides access to the user to watch favorite content from a different location which is otherwise available on home location. VPN changes the IP address of a device from a distant location to its home location and lets you enjoy the programs seamlessly. VPN makes use of dynamic DNS to connect with the Orbi router. You must enable the Dynamic DNS on your router before starting configuring the VPN on the network.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps for enabling VPN service on the Orbi system using the Android or iOS-based smart device.
- First of all, you will have to unlock the device by entering the pattern or PIN code on the home screen. Open the web browser from it.
- Go to Orbilogin.com.
- You will find a login window appeared on the screen.
- Enter the username and password in the desired field. The default username is ‘Admin’ and the password is ‘password’. It must be remembered that the name and the password are case-sensitive.
- You will find the home page displayed on the screen where a number of different menus are available to access.
- Go to ‘Advanced’ and select ‘Setup’.
- Here, under setup click on ‘VPN service’. You will find the VPN page displayed on the screen thereafter.
- Slide to turn the VPN service on and click on the checkbox if no slider button is given.
- Tap ‘Apply’.
- In step 10, you need to select the device for which you want to enable VPN. Select a smartphone to start downloading the configuration files for Open VPN.
- From your phone, download and install the Open VPN connect app. You will find this app in the Google Play-store or Apple app store.
- If you are downloading the files on the computer, then unzip the configuration files downloaded recently and send it to the mobile device.
Note: Fix 192.168.l.254 IP login issues.
If you open the .ovpn file, a grid of apps will be displayed. Click on OpenVPN to connect the app to open the .ovpn file. The downloads after this will find under the public VPN relay server list.
This is all about the process of downloading and installing the Open VPN on the Orbi router via Android or iOS devices. A VPN connected message will be displayed once it gets connected from the smartphone.