You have the option to create three networks on the Orbi router. One for use as an Administrative purpose, one for an employee and last for guest access.
By default, the Orbi router and the satellite have the same SSID name. This default SSID is given on the bottom of the hardware. There’s a sticker or label pasted from which you can see the details. These settings on the network can be used for administrative purposes. If you make any changes to the settings, the same will be reflected in the satellite as well.
Once you have changed the SSID of your router, all the previously connected mobile devices or computers will stop getting access to the internet. Click ‘Apply’ to save changes made to the SSID. Now, you need to connect the device to the router physically using the Ethernet cable.
How to change the wireless network name and channel of your Orbi admin?
- Go to your web browser page and connect the Orbi router to it.
- Enter orbilogin.com in the address bar. A login window will now open in front of you.
- Use ‘Admin’ in the username field and ‘Password’ in the password field.
- Open ‘Wireless’ from the home page.
- All the settings displayed for the wireless network will be displayed.
- Enter a new name in the SSID field.
- The name for the SSID can be of 32 characters maximum. Do save the new network name in a safe place on your computer.
Now, if you want to change the channel from 2.4 to 5 GHz, you can go to the menu and select any number.
There are some regions or areas, where the particular channel doesn’t work. If everything is working normally without any interference, then no need to change the channel. Yes, if you encounter interference on the channel, then change it as per your preference. If you are using multiple satellites, routers and extenders, then there are rare chances of getting the issue. According to experts, no two channels adjacent to each other can be used together.
- Click to save the changes.
- The settings will be saved and displayed on the satellite on its own.
- If you have already changed the SSID, then the wireless devices will be disconnected.
- See if your computer or the mobile device is connecting to other Wi-Fi networks or not.
- Sometimes, the device keeps on connecting to the previous Wi-Fi due to fewer security options configured.
- Is the device still connecting to old SSID and password? If yes, then change the network settings manually and check if it has started connecting to the Orbi router or not. For more information you can visit Orbi Setup.