Netgear Armor powered by Bitdefender is used to protect devices by blocking malicious web pages and apps. Through Armor subscription, you can install Bitdefender local protection on all the devices. Go through the below-mentioned steps to install protection on devices through orbi app.
- Connect your device to the Orbi wireless network.
- Open the Orbi app from smartphone. If it is not available, then download it from app store.
- Enter the router login username and password to sign-in.
- You will find a dashboard on the screen.
- Click ‘Security’.
- Enter details of your Netgear account and click ‘Login’.
- You will get the Armor page, go to the ‘Menu’ icon.
- Select the device and start installing Bitdefender.
- If prompted, select ‘Want to protect other devices’.
- Keep on selecting the devices in the same manner followed by pressing ‘Continue’.
- Key-in the email address, you want to receive a download link along with instructions.
- Open ‘Bitdefender’ email and select the option ‘Get it on App’.
- Tap install. The local protection will start installing on your device.
- Open the app and read on-screen instructions before implementing them. Don’t forget to scan the whole system after completing the installation.
Why your Netgear Orbi app is not detecting the Orbi device?
While using the netgear Orbi app, you will come across the situations when the app doesn’t detect the Orbi router. This issue encounters due to number of reasons, the most common is router configured in AP mode. If you have turned on the mobile data and Wi-Fi at the same time, then you may face this issue.
Try the below-mentioned steps in case the device is not getting detected by the Orbi app.
- Make sure you are connected to the right Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure that the Orbi router is not configured in AP mode. You can check this by getting into ‘Advanced’ mode followed by ‘Advanced setup’.
- If using a mobile with android or apple OS, then LTE must be disabled.
How to disable cellular connection on your iPhone and iPad?
- Go to Settings.
- Click ‘Cellular’.
- Toggle to turn it off.
- Launch the app and check if the device is detected or not.
To turn off cellular data on android device
- Open ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Network and internet’ option.
- Go to ‘Mobile data’ and tap to turn it off.
Note: The android settings may vary with the model number of the device. If you are having any problem in disabling the data, you can contact your mobile manufacturers.