For the proper functioning of the Netgear Orbi router, the firmware version must be updated both on satellite and router and it must be turned to the ‘Auto-update’ option. However, sometimes it fails to auto-update the firmware due to some technical issues in the device. If you are among those facing this issue, then go through the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the post. We have bought different workarounds for you that will help in fixing the problem.
Restart Orbi satellite: For this, you need to go through the below-mentioned steps.
- Turn off the plug to which the satellite is connected.
- Disconnect all the cables like network or power cords from the satellite.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Connect the satellite back to the power supply.
- If you have turned off the power button from the satellite, then turn it on.
Now, login to the Orbi satellite page and check if it is working or not.
Relocate the satellite: The Orbi satellite must be placed closer to the main router and the power socket must be nearer to it. This will ensure proper Wi-Fi signal strength on the satellite so that it can easily perform the update.
Check wireless internet connectivity: You must ensure that the speed of the network is sufficient on the Orbi router and satellite so that it can perform the update. If the speed is limited, you can reset the router.
After performing the above-mentioned steps, if you are still not able to update the firmware, then go through the steps to manually update the firmware version.
- Go to the ‘Download center’ from the web browser and search for the latest version of Orbi satellite firmware there.
- After locating it, click to start the download.
- Open Orbilogin from the web browser of your PC.
- Click the login credentials like username and password and press ‘Sign-in’.
- Once you login, click on the ‘Firmware Update’ button.
- You will find that the firmware process is initiated.
- If you are prompted to login again, then enter the username and the password for signing onto the Orbi account.
- After successfully downloading the file, you need to transfer it to the device from the computer.
- Wait for the firmware to completely transfer to the satellite.
You have now successfully downloaded the firmware on the Orbi satellite. Start browsing the internet after this and check for improvements recently added to the new firmware.