DNS stands for Domain name settings, these settings are available in all the networking routers. You can modify these settings according to your ease or as per the network requirement. If you are using an Orbi router and wanting to change the DNS of it, then keep reading the content of this guide. You will come to know the steps which are easy to understand and simple to implement.
Coming to the steps, we are now going to discuss step by step guide for altering the DNS settings of the Orbi router.
- Open router page: The router page by default is routerlogin.com. If you are facing problem in opening the web-interface page, you can directly enter the IP address of the router. The default IP address is given in the guided manual provided along with the hardware. If you are using the Orbi model which doesn’t hold any sticker on hardware, you can contact experts or check the IP address from online link. If the IP address is also not working, then it means someone has changed the default IP address. You can reset it to default by factory reset the router. Once you logged into the page, enter the login details like username and password. Click ‘Login’.
- Go to the DNS section from the router dashboard: On the main dashboard, you will find the ‘Advanced’ settings option. Click on it and over to ‘DNS section’. Here you will find information related to ‘Internet setup’. Go to ‘Domain name server’ from this menu.
- Update DNS settings: After changing the settings, don’t forget to save them.
- Use DNS servers.
- Click on ‘Use these servers’.
- Click ‘Apply’ to save the changes to the router. If there is a problem with the settings, you can contact the ISP.
- Test DNS configuration: Once you are done with the above-mentioned steps, it’s the time to check whether the settings are properly configured or not and whether the settings are working on the router or not. For this, go to the ‘DNS test’ page.
This whole process will take 10-15 minutes, so no need to hustle. Sit back and relax. If the computer on which you have configured the DHCP settings is taking a longer time than normal, you will have to check for possible causes and diagnoses. The best way to fix this problem is ‘Disable’ Wi-Fi and enable it again after some minutes. For steps related to disabling or enabling of Wi-Fi, you can contact experts. Restarting will refresh the router network.
This is all about the steps for changing the default DNS settings of Netgear Orbi model. If you are owning any other model of Netgear router, you can get assistance from experts. For more information Orbi Router Setup you can visit Netgear Orbi Setup.