Most of the time you need the orbi router password for resetting it, changing the existing password and managing the connected devices and adding a new device to the router. If you don’t know the password of your Orbi router or want to find it, then continue reading the steps for the same. After reading the steps if you find any problem, you can contact Orbi experts.
Using the connected computer to access the password
If you have already connected the PC to the Orbi router, then the access to the router is quite easy with the help of tools included in the windows. You should be well-versed in using the tools available in Windows OS.
- Go to ‘Network and sharing center’ from the home screen of your computer or from the desktop running tray.
- Make sure that you are connected to the current wireless network. Open ‘Network properties’ to check the current Wi-Fi details.
- Go to ‘Wireless’ properties where all the details related to the Wi-Fi connection are available.
- From here, go to the ‘Security tab’ and unhide the characters given in the password field. Click on ‘Show characters’ given next to the password. If you don’t find the characters on the screen, then go to next step for alternative method
Accessing router using a browser
If you find difficult to access the router’s password from the computer wireless properties, then there is another method available for you. You can trace it by using the connected PC to go to the router setting’s page.
- Connect the router to the computer through a wired connection with the help of an Ethernet cable. If any other wireless device is already connected to the router, then there is no need to disconnect it.
- Sign-in to the router with the default login credentials. The default details are ‘Username’ and ‘Password’ for both the fields. For further reference, you can also go to the Orbi router page. Enter the router IP address in the address bar of your computer browser. If you don’t know the IP address, then check it from the sticker pasted on the router. All the basic details like ‘Username’, password and IP address are given on it.
- Open ‘Wireless settings’ from the home page or main dashboard of your router. The settings are given under ‘Advanced’ settings. If you are unaware of the settings, then nothing to worry. Just go through the on-screen instructions.
In this way, you can get access to the Orbi router password and change it if necessary. The steps will work on almost all router models. For more information Orbi Satellite Setup you can visit Orbi Router Setup.