If you want the seamless operation of the Orbi router on the network, the firmware of the router and the satellite must be updated to the latest version. For this, there is ‘Auto-update’ feature available in the Orbi which if enabled can auto-update the version when available. However, if you are not being able to perform the update function, then go through the troubleshooting steps and check if the internet at home is working properly or not. The simple workarounds are discussed here as under:
Restart Orbi satellite: The steps to restart the Orbi satellite are discussed here as under:
- Disconnect the satellite from the power supply by turning off the power socket.
- Now disconnect the power cable and other network cables from it.
- Wait for some minutes.
- Connect the satellite again to the power outlet and turn it on.
- If you have powered off from the power switch given at the back, then press to power it on again.
Login to the Orbi satellite page and check if the router is working or not.
Place the satellite close to the router: You need to make sure that the router and the satellite are placed closed to each other. This will help in receiving the proper signal strength on the satellite and you can perform the update easily.
Check the wireless connectivity: You can check the current status of your network online by entering the speedtest link in the web browser. If you are getting improper or less speed of the internet at home, then restart all the network devices and perform the speed test again.
If you are still not able to auto-update the firmware version of the Orbi router, then follow the steps mentioned here as under to manually update it.
- Open the ‘Download center’ from the web browser of your device and check the latest version of the satellite available for download.
- After searching the latest version, click to start the download.
- Go to the Orbi login page and click on sign-in.
- When you press ‘Sign-in’ you will be prompted to enter the login details like username and password.
- After a successful login, click on the ‘Firmware Update’ button.
- The process of firmware update will be initiated soon after this.
- If prompted to login again, enter the same login details and press ‘Submit’. This is done to verify the identity.
- You will find the file gets downloaded in the computer which you have to transfer to the device through a physical or wireless connection.
- Wait for the firmware to transfer completely to the device.
The firmware version is now successfully downloaded and you can start browsing the internet without any issue. You will find the speed and the performance of the router gets improved with the latest firmware version installed.