Netgear Orbi is a futuristic networking device, which is powered with advanced firmware, which is responsible for the smooth working of the unit. If you are using Orbi Satellite for your day-to-day internet needs, then you should guarantee that its firmware stays modern or else, be ready to experience issues with the router and the internet.
Netgear Orbi is a smart gadget, which regularly identifies and refreshes the firmware, however on occasion, automatic updating of the firmware doesn’t happen, which then lead to different issues. To maintain a strategic distance from issues emerging because of obsolete firmware, you have to fix the problem of ‘failed auto firmware update’.
Follow below-mentioned steps to resolve ‘failed auto firmware’ problem in Netgear Orbi Satellite:
Step 1: Power cycle Netgear Orbi Satellite
- To power cycle the Orbi Satellite, unplug it from the main power supply.
- Disconnect all the wires and cables connected to Netgear Orbi.
- Wait for a few moments.
- Now, connect all the wires and cables that you have disconnected in the same port. Make sure not to miss any cable because then, your device won’t work properly.
- Connect the power plug back into the main power supply to turn on Orbi.
Once you do all that, it’s time to visitthe Netgear Orbi page to check if Orbi Satellite is detecting for an auto firmware update or not.
Step 2: Relocating Orbi Satellite
Try to keep Netgear Orbi Satellite within proximity of therouter to ensure that Satellite receives strong and uninterrupted internet signals. Also, make sure to keep Orbi Satellite close to wall AC mains, as then, it will be easier for you to connect it.
Step 3: Check the status of wirelessinternet connectivity
You need to check the Wi-Fi connection whether it is working good or not. Moreover, it needs to be at a sufficient level for proper functioning of Netgear Orbi and Satellite. If the internet signal strength is weak, then you will have no other option but to reset the router.
You can fix the problem of failed firmware of Orbi Satellite, but in case, the issue persists, then you will have to manually update the firmware, steps for which you can find below:
Updating The Firmware Of Orbi Satellite Manually:
- You need to visit the download center of Orbi,so as to locate the most recent version of Orbi Satellite’s firmware.
- Once discovered, download the firmware on your computer.
- Launch your internet browser and go to ‘orbilogin.com‘.
- Enter your Orbi username and password and then, click ‘Sign In’.
- Now, click the ‘Firmware Update’ button.
- The firmware update process will begin.
- If you are again asked to enter your Orbi username and passkey, then enter those two details again.
- Upload the firmware file from where you have saved it.
- As the upload completes, you will see your Orbi Satellite working under the new firmware.
If the firmware still not updated, then you should consult the experts at Orbi Support com. They will guide you regarding the firmware update process in the most suitable manner.