Using the router with the existing Wi-Fi network is not a cumbersome task but what if the router couldn’t connect to the smart devices like smartphone, laptop or tab. In such situations, there is no need to worry just be patient and read the content of this post. Today, we are going to discuss the 5 most common issues regnant on Netgear Orbi router.
- Problematic configuration: Sometimes users find it difficult to configure the router on the network. They may not know the exact settings or the process to set up a router on the network. The steps for configuring the router vary from company to company. You can read steps about configuring Orbi router from Netgear page. After configuring it, if you are still getting any problem, you can run a self-diagnostic test.
- Network unavailability: If no network is available on the home Wi-Fi system, then there might be some problem with the internet service provider. You can contact ISP and ask if there is any outage problem reported in the area. No need to perform troubleshooting steps to fix a problem with the router. Another thing to check is ‘DHCP’ client list whether the devices attached to the router have assigned an IP address or not.
- Updating firmware: Netgear keeps on releasing the update for its network product in order to enhance the performance and fix the bugs reported in the previous version. If you are not being able to perform an update on your Orbi, then contact Netgear experts. They will let you know the exact cause of the problem.
Enable ‘Auto-update’ function on your Orbi router. You can enable this from the Settings menu given under ‘Login’ menu. This will auto check for updates and install the updates automatically in your router.
- Alternate DNS provider: There are some settings related to the Domain name of your router. If you don’t know how to configure the alternate DNS address on your router nothing to worry. You can read the on-screen instructions given on the router manufacturer page. If you want to bypass DNS settings, connect the router to the modem with wire through Ethernet cable.
- Limited downloading speed: The downloading of internet browser depends on the plan you have subscribed and the number of devices connected to the network. If the bandwidth is low or a number of devices are connected, then you will find downloading speed problem. In order to avoid the downloading speed problem, you must use more than one router or subscribe to the higher plan from ISP. For more information Orbi Router Setup you can visit Netgear Orbi Support.