Are you using a bridge mode router and looking to configure Netgear Orbi on it, then that is exactly what we are going to discuss today. So, just go through the entire post to find out how to configure Netgear Orbi with your bridge mode router.
Steps to configure Netgear Orbi with a router in bridge mode:
- You need to begin with connecting to the WIFI generated by Orbi itself through the key that can be found on the sticker on the bottom of the router and access orbilogin.net. The Orbi tries to access the internet by checking the connection.
- The Netgear Orbi itself detects the PPPoE connection and asks us for the username and password to establish the connection with the Router’s switchboard.
- You need to enter the login credentials to your router’s web interface. If you are unable to remember your login details, then you will have to contact your ISP or you’ll have to reset your router.
- Simply enter the username and password PPPoE of the bridge mode router and proceed further.
- Netgear software automatically detects the router gateway you have in bridge mode. As it does so, you will be able to connect to the internet.
In case, you are prompted to update the firmware of Orbi devices, then you will have to do it because updating the firmware will let you access the router in a better way. If you are unable to update the firmware, then you can take the help of Orbi support providers.
Now, your Orbi Wi-Fi mesh system is already functional and youcan also access the internet, but if you want to make some adjustments to the device to suit your needs, then you can certainly do that using the web interface of the Orbi. You should also know that Orbi has assigned itself an IP, i.e., 10.0.0.1.
You could operate with this IP without problems and therefore the devices that were connected to this router would have IPs of the type 10.0.0.2, 10.0.0.3, 10.0.0.4. You are going to put an IP that is more familiar to us as 192.168 .1.xx
Once put into operation, you can also take the opportunity to change the DNS ones that are to our liking, change the DHCP range or change some security settings.
With that, your process completes and you have the network to your liking. Since you are already connected to the internet, if you want to change more advanced settings such as the guest network, parental controls, QoS for better functionality,then that is easily possible. In case, you don’t know how to do so, then take the help of Orbi support. For more information you can visit Netgear Orbi Setup.