The world is getting more and more advanced with every passing day. When it comes to the basic needs of the people, then you will find the ‘internet’ on the list. The reason is plain and simple, people can’t live without the internet, and to fulfill the internet-related requirements of the people, companies are developing routers and networking devices, which are equipped with cutting-edge technology.
Netgear Orbi is one such product, which allows users to access the internet in any room of the house. They don’t have to deal with dead spots anymore. Netgear Orbi Satellite is fast emerging to become the most popular router. If you too are using this router and want to know how to change the brightness of the LEDs on the router just because they are too bright, then that is exactly what we are going to discuss today.
The moment you turn on the Orbi Satellite unit, the LEDs installed on the unit starts glowing, which indicates that the device is working perfectly. If you aren’t able to detect the LED or if the level of illuminance is way too high, then you can follow the below-mentioned steps to fix it.
- On your computer, launch a web browser and enter the Orbi login page address followed by entering the details asked on the page. If you’re using a smartphone, follow the same process on it.
- In the ‘Username’ field, enter ‘admin’ and in the ‘Password’ field, enter ‘password’. As you enter these details, a web page opens, and then, you will be able to change the existing configuration of your router or if you want to add a new router, then that can also be done. In case, you don’t remember the login credentials, then you can check the router, as there is certainly a slip pasted on the side or at the bottom of the unit.
- You need to search for the ‘Home Basic’ menu from the main page of the web interface of the router. After that, you need to click the ‘Attached Devices’ option. You are going to see a list of devices with their names on the screen. To get more details about the device, right-click on it.
- Go to ‘Satellite’ followed by clicking the ‘Edit’ option.
- Make sure that the LEDs on the router are glowing. In case, it isn’t, then slide to turn them on from the opened window. The LEDs will blink for a few seconds, so wait until that happens.
- Under the ‘LED Status’ button, you will find the ‘%’ option, so change the values in that ‘%’ option to increase or decrease the brightness of the LEDs.
- Once you have selected the desired level, you can save the settings and with that, the LEDs on your Orbi Satellite are configured as per your requirements.
Should you come across any issue after these steps, you can take the help of Orbi Support providers, which offer great assistance for issues like these.