It is a property of Netgear Orbi RBK50 that it can bar internet access on Wi-Fi. If you love to play games or access apps on your device, then this feature of RBK50 will be proven successful for you as all the required connections will auto-enabled by it. The process of enabling or unblocking the connections is called ‘Port forwarding’.
Now, try to understand steps for forwarding the port through the firewall.
- To begin with, set a static IP on a device you want to forward a port. After this, the ports will remain open for an indefinite period even after reboot. After configuring the static IP address for the device, login to the router web-based interface page.
- As discussed in the previous step, log in to the RBK50 router and start browsing different options. There isn’t any restriction of opening the page from particular browser. Enter IP address of your router 192.168.1.1 in the address field and press enter.
- Enter the Username and password to login to your router account. The credentials are generally ‘Admin’ and password.
- Tap ‘Ok’.
- To open port forwarding page, go to ‘Advanced’ settings and click on ‘Sidebar’ followed by clicking the ‘Advanced setup’.
- You will find ‘Port forward’ option under this menu. Click to open it.
- Slide to turn on the ‘Port forwarding’ option.
- Tap ‘Add custom service’ from the middle of the page. This is generally given in the center in most of the router windows.
- For Xbox Live, the port forwarding numbers are TCP port: 3074 and UDP is same as that of TCP port. Add a name in the ‘Service Name’ box which you can easily remember. You can add any name which has some meaning or phrase.
- Go to ‘Protocol’ section from the given box for the ports and the one you want to forward.
- Enter the port numbers you want to forward in the ‘External port range’ box.
- The port numbers can be added any ranging from 20 to 600. You can add a single or combination of two like 24-500 or 20-450.
- Don’t forget to click on the option which says, ‘Keep the port number same for internet port’. Enable this option by clicking on the box given in front of it.
- Enter the IP address of a page you want to forward these ports to in the ‘IP address box’. You can enter IP address of any computer or device available within the network. Once done, click ‘Save’ to apply changes to the router settings. Close the window and start browsing internet. For more information Netgear Orbi Setup you can visit Netgear Orbi Support.